Sunday, August 17, 2008

NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR / The Clinical Skills Assessment and Training Program (CSAT)

Before CSAT applications are considered, applicants must have obtained a passing score in the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination. Applicants must be fluent in the English Language and may be required to demonstrate fluency by obtaining a certain score in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and in TSE (Test of Spoken English). Alternatively the applicant may obtain an acceptable score in TOEFL iBT. TOEFL iBT has recently been introduced as a replacement for TOEFL and TSE.
Please refer to the College's policy on Fluency in English which is found on web site under Policies and Guidelines.

The "CSAT" has been developed by the Faculty of Medicine at Memorial University of Newfoundland. Satisfactory completion of the CSAT will fulfill the clinical training requirements and enable you to continue the application process for a provisional licence.
The College determines which applicants are eligible for entry to the CSAT. If you are eligible, an application form will be forwarded to you by the College.


Please visit the website of "The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador" http://www.nmb.ca/Registration.asp

2 comments:

ஜோண் நிரூபன்! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beware of Newfoundland College Racism

Here is my story: I applied to that college for a provisional license. I met all of their requirements. I passed the MCCQE1, did rotating internship in the University of Damascus which is recognized by WHO, passed TOEFL at a high score, and paid the $100 fee. I have all what they as...k for in their website (www.cpsnl.ca). After reviewing my application they said I dont qualify even for the clinical assessment program. They didnt say WHY I dont qualify. They said if I want an explanation I will have to pay $150 for that explanation!!.
This is clearly a scheme to discriminate against doctors from developing countries. I heard that they prefer doctors from Ireland, South Africa, Europe..etc. I am planning to file a law suite against that college. If anyone else was denied license the same way please contact me at mulham.md@gmail.com . May be I can make it a class action suite.